May 5, 2017
In Ep. 11 - "The Sword in the Stone" we explore Beethoven's teenage years, the circumstance that would lead to his first trip to Vienna, and his mythologized meeting with Mozart.
For all things GCP Please rate, review, and subscribe on iTunes!
Like our Facebook page! https://www.facebook.com/thegreatcomposerspodcast/
A complete bibliography for all episodes can be found on my website: www.kevinnordstrom.com
Works heard during the episode in order of appearance:
- Beethoven Sonata for Piano op. 10 no. 3 in D major mvt. 1 (Schnabel)
- Bach 'The Well Tempered Clavier' Prelude in C# major
- Beethoven Sonata for Piano in D major op. 28 'Pastorale" mvt. 2 (Schnabel)
- Berlioz 'Harold in Italy'... (The great William Primrose on viola)
- Mozart 'Don Giovani' the famous Commendatore Scene
- Beethoven String Quartet op. 18 no. 6 in B-flat major (Pascal String Quartet) Music found at https://archive.org