May 18, 2020
In Ep. 38 we pick up with Johannes Brahms and Clara Schumann in the weeks following Robert Schumann's death in July 1856, trying to make sense of their relationship and love. They have a crucial, incredibly difficult decision to make and its consequences will color the rest of their lives. All the while, Brahms struggles to complete his first piano concerto in d minor.
Try nkoda for free! All the digital sheet music you could ever need right on one app. I use it for my own practice, in lessons, and when I just want something fun to play on the piano or guitar!
Subscribe on iTunes and give us a 5-star review!
download our app!
Visit and like our Facebook page!
Works heard in this episode (all by Brahms):
1. Concerto for Piano and Orchestra in D minor, op. 15, mvt. 1
2. Serenade no. 1 in D major, op. 11, mvt. 2 Scherzo - Allegro non troppo
3. Serenade no. 1 in D major, op. 11, mvt. 3 - Adagio non troppo
4. Concerto for Piano and Orchestra in D minor, op. 15, mvt. 2
5. Concerto for Piano and Orchestra in D minor, op. 15, mvt. 3