Nov 9, 2018
In Ep. 24 "The Grapes of the Vine" we will follow the Bach family tree from its founding member, Veit Bach, all the way down to JS Bach and his first born son Wilhelm Friedemann. For nearly three centuries, the Bach's produced musician after musician. All were highly skilled in their craft and some became quite famous. Not only did JS Bach's children have as a father the greatest musician of all time, but they were just the latest fruit of a long musical vine.
The GCP App!
Music in this episode:
1. BWV 50 - “Non ist das Heil und die Kraft “ (some think that this may not be by Bach, but JE Gardiner thinks it is and so do I! Anyways it’s a great piece)
Unless otherwise noted, the following are chorales from BWV 244, the “St. Mathew Passion” their number in the score is listed alongside.
2. “Mir hat die Welt trüglich Gerlicht” no. 32
3. “Ja nicht auf das fest” (a choral interlude during a recit. not a chorale...) no. 4
4. “Ich bin’s, Ich solte büßen” no. 10
5. “Erkenne mich, mein Hüter” no. 15
6. “Ich will hier bei der stehen” no. 17
7. “Herzliebster Jesu, was hast du verbrochen” no. 3
8. “Was mein Gott will, das g’scheh allzeit” no. 25
9. Final Chorus “Wir setzen uns mit Tränen neider” no. 68
For all things GCP Please rate, review, and subscribe on iTunes!
Like our Facebook page! https://www.facebook.com/thegreatcomposerspodcast/
A complete bibliography for all episodes can be found on my website: www.kevinnordstrom.com