Jul 14, 2018
Ep. 18b The Grand Finale! The Life of Ludwig van Beethoven pt. 10, "The Candle in the Wind" we see our great composer to the end of his life. The last years were not easy ones for Beethoven. He proved himself to be cruel and kind, hateful and loving, violent and sweet. But in the end, he was able to transcend the shortcomings of human existence, gain in his own way forgiveness of his many sins, and echo down the years a heroic tale of redemption.
For all things GCP Please rate, review, and subscribe on iTunes!
Like our Facebook page! https://www.facebook.com/thegreatcomposerspodcast/
A complete bibliography for all episodes can be found on my website: www.kevinnordstrom.com
Music in this episode in order of appearance: All quartets played by the Pascal String Quartet unless otherwise noted
1. Symphony no. 9 in D minor, mvt. 4 (complete...eventually)
2. String Quartet no. 13 in B-flat major, op. 130, mvt. 6 "Little Finale" (Budapest Quartet)
3. String Quartet no. 12 in E-flat major, op. 127, mvt. 1
4. String Quartet no. 13 in B-flat major, op. 130, mvt. 3
5. Missa Solemnis, Sanctus
6. String Quartet no. 16 in F major, op. 135, mvt. 4
7. String Quartet no. 13 in B-flat major, op. 130 - mvt. 5, Cavatina - mvt. 6, Grosse Fugue
All material in this episode is meant for educational purposes only. The Great Composers Podcast is a classical music podcast